OTR Class A Flatbed Driver Job in Amarillo, TX
OTR Class A Flatbed Truck Driver Job – Amarillo, Texas
Class A CDL Flatbed Drivers
We are committed to ensuring our drivers are rewarded for their hard work through exceptional base pay, tarp pay, benefits, as well as bonus and recognition programs. We have a history of setting the standard in Driver Compensation. In fact, in a recent survey conducted by the National Survey of Driver Pay, we are positioned in the Top 1% Pay for all companies nationwide. Best of all, our drivers are moving 12 months out of the year because we transport a variety of commodities within driver-friendly shipping lanes.
Top Pay and Benefits aren’t the only factors in making a company the right choice for you. Recently, we were named in the –Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For– according to the Carriers Edge and Truckload Carriers Association for the second year. We achieved this honor by being nominated by our drivers and having programs and systems available to help our drivers succeed. Some of these include: The President’s Clubs, Lifeworks, ICARE Wellness Program, Safety Rewards, regular Driver Satisfaction Surveys, and much more.
We are increasing our fleet, as well as expanding our applicant base! If you are a recent CDL School graduate or have at least 1 month OTR driving experience, give us a call.
With 1 – 2 months OTR or 1 year of Class A Local Driving, you can start at 35 cpm. If you have more experience, you can earn up to 42 cpm plus $40 tarp pay. We give raises when you achieve levels of -Melton Miles- – up to 48 cpm!
All company drivers receive a full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance. We also offer a 401(k) retirement program, paid vacations, Fuel Bonus, Pass it On Driver referral bonus, paid orientation, and a liberal rider program, as well as extra pay for Canada Border Crossings, NYC Boroughs, Hazmat and extra Stops.
Melton is an irregular route flatbed carrier serving the U.S., Canada, and Mexico and has been providing shippers with consistent, on-time transportation services since 1954. They operate within driver-friendly shipping lanes and have a 98% on-time pickup and delivery record, utilizing the most advanced technology available in its 100% air-ride fleet of late-model equipment.
No flatbed experience? We will train you during orientation!
- Drivers must have the following CDL class(es): Class A
- Drivers must have the following: CDL endorsements
- Driver’s minimum age required to work: 21 years old
- Driver’s minimum amount of experience required to work: No Experience Needed
- If a driver has a DUI/DWI, how old must it be? At least 5 years ago
- If a driver has a felony, how old must it be? At least 7 years ago
- Maximum Moving Violation Restrictions for past 3 years: 4
- Maximum Preventable Accident Restrictions past 3 years: 2
- Type Of Runs:48/ OTR
- Time Away From Home: 14-21
- Paid Orientation: YES
- Rider Programs – Spouse: YES
- Rider Programs – Child: 10 or Older
- Pets: 50 lbs or less dog
- Recent Graduates: 33 cpm
- 1 to 6 Months OTR: 35 cpm
- 6 to 12 Months OTR: 37 cpm
- 1-5 Years Experience: 41 cpm
- 5 or more Years Experience: 42 cpm
- Cost Driver Benefits: $30 to $ 76 p/month
- Cost Family Benefits: $125 to $337 p/month
- Dental: YES
- Vision: YES
- Retirement: YES
- Bonuses, Other Pay, Miscellaneous
- Lay Over Pay: $25 after 48 hrs, $50 each add’l 24 hrs
- Breakdown Pay: varies
- Loading/Unloading: 100% No Touch
- Tarp Pay: $40 per load
- Extra Pickup: $25 (C/D)
- Speed Restrictions: 65 mph (C/D)
- OD Pay 8cpm
Amarillo, Texas OTR Class A Flatbed Driving Job
Melton Truck Lines OTR Class A Flatbed Driver Job – Amarillo, TX
Location On Map